As if 'split in half' was not explored enough, later explorations, starting in Feldenkrais, and continuing by going towards contralateral pattern explorations, made the sense of being split in half , like the blue line shows.
This also felt quite unnatural at the beginning, though much less demanding than homologous pattern. However, the more I was doing it, the more clear and familiar it became, or at least did not feel uncomfortable anymore, even though restricted. This also made me aware of the detail and clarity of the movement, especially when explorations involved teaching aspects.
In solos, I noticed how much information gained through MS3 classes have already instilled within my body and intellectual understanding. This mainly happened, when at several points during the class, I tried to think about all the qualities of movement that we have been exploring, and tried to integrate them all. which was pretty impossible to do consciously - just too much information at a time. It felt like too much complexity to be thinking of every single one at the same time.
Generally, I can tell January was great month for my dance practice, even though it was difficult to keep fully engaged, because of all the stress caused by dissertation writing, which was extremely tiring, even though it broadened my understanding of what we were doing as being subject-related. I think my previous 'new' approach of not caring too much, letting things be and reveal itself without too much thinking really worked in my favor. it did not only let me find the momentum, it did actually take me off the floor! i noticed myself much more energetic and open, much less rejecting,, and it also even gave me greater connection with the nervous system, which was and still is my high interest- the stress management, loss of pre-conceptions, ideas of letting go etc. let much more potential to unfold, which I wasn't aware of before. I have let myself dance as my body knows and wants rather than do what I was expected, or what I thought I was expected. I think that just made me much more present in classes and my own practice. So continuing finding the ways to tune up, fully inhabit movements that I do, trying to explore nervous system even further are my current aspirations. oh yeah, and letting things just be. Enjoy the dance, dancer !


No comments:
Post a Comment