With Polly Hudson
Last two classes of SRT was about instant letting go. We improvised in duets a little bit, thinking about supple instant movements.I found it as a really nice work in pairs, giving and responding impulses, at the same time thinking about spaces in the body (having an image of light/ windows between vertebrae) and floating skull - having awareness of your own body. It was such an easy improvisation, with an UNEXPECTED movements happening. I liked that feeling when you respond and react to suggested touch as an impulse of unexpected movement and being actually aware and careful of you inner landscape at the same time. It makes the movement quality better.
Then we had some hand touch work in order to release and open hip.
As a new experience, I could mention something, that I felt laying on the floor. Somehow, I felt disorientated. It is probably because I felt quite awake before, so when my body was trying to get into inner landscape I felt disorientated. It was something new and even strange, even in a good way.
Moving around I was focusing on circulation in my body in relation to energy circulation. By the way, working with bouncing with suspended torso I found it really easy, which was a big step towards a better quality, first time it felt that effortless!!!LIGHT and EASY. I explored that in "river" exercise and in solo dancing at the end of the class. However, it is important to notice, that exploring bouncing was about lightness and easiness in movements, about keeping going in order to make jumps effortless by keeping going rather than using extra muscles which you need to start a movement and about rhythm.
By the way, finding that easy bouncing is really useful for ballet classes, as we sometimes use that image!
What is the influence of disorientation in my body? what makes our body become disorientated?
How to keep our body supple, soft and easy in our everyday life?
| bouncing images |
No comments:
Post a Comment