Experimental Anatomy
Class with Katye Coe
Introduction of Underscore
Ariving to your body
That day required me to move a bit more than usual, to get warm in active moving rather than laying on the floor looking for stillness, because it felt like my minds were ready to work already, but my body felt a bit tired somehow. I just wanted to renew or wake up every cell of my body.
This time we started to learn about underscore. We were given some articles to read about it, and started practicing. I found nice and interesting, when I got ability to choose between staying "in my own bubble" space or leave it and travel, explore the sensation of passing someone else. I also explored some new things, such as keeping the attention, noticing the moments when I loose it, at the same time keeping open my creativity, imagination and keeping moving. I also found some unexpected movements during this class, and I found myself very opened, full of readiness, I even noticed that laying on the floor didn't required me to close my eyes - even opposite- i couldn't close them. It was a new experience of a bit different improvisation way compared to the one's I was involved before. It felt like following the body so naturally, using instructions that i heard only as suggestions for further movements and things to concentrate. I heard all of them , but my body just kept going so naturally, effortless. Softness; Freedom; Warmth; Readiness.
Some thoughts then came into my head:
Natural progression of my body.
All I have got in my body - it's already there.... using resources of my body.
However, as soon as I left the space to write in my journal, I couldn't come back at the same state. It felt weird. But then I started from the beginning and found myself working absolutely differently- I explored levels differently, and I started to travel instead of staying in "my own bubble" space. Even it took a bit of time to get into again, it gave me different choices to move and explore, improvise. I really liked the opportunities to let go, or to change the direction of my exploration any time! I am looking forward to find more about underscore!
My question for further exploration would be, how to keep that state of readiness, how to keep concentrated and open?
No comments:
Post a Comment