UNDERSCORE workshop
With Amy Voris
This time we kept exploring and getting an understanding about what underscore is. Being in the space I somehow became tired. At some point I lost receptiveness, readiness feeling. I explored all the levels, but when I lost what I was doing (just felt like I don't know what to do next), i felt tired. Even until this particular moment I was enjoying the improvisation and exploration my own moving in that way, when I left space, I didn't want to come back, but I did, and encouraged myself to move, even very slowly. It was different, because moving really slowly I was thinking about my moving quality and kept noticing people passing me, at some points having contacts. I explored walking backwards on four, passing, stepping thou everybody else. That was impressive, unexplored, such an unexpected moving way involving people around. When I left the space again, I stayed there because of the need to witness - my minds were more awake than my body, and I enjoyed that, because as the space became very active, it gave me some choreographic ideas. I started to notice senses again, taking the environment, noticing senses such as smell, touch (which was a bit different this time, because I felt I didn't really wanted to be touched, but at some points, passing people and touching them just like letting them touch me I felt getting different directions to move, which is good when you improvise). Music also helped me getting into, it was another sense, giving a direction to change the movements (like rhythm). For example, When I heard it playing, I started to move on beats, but later on, i somehow lost it. I think that was the moment I felt tired. Sense of gravity felt as support, which I liked because of the way it affected my movements. I also had some thoughts about lightness in my body. So, I could say, even my thoughts and feeling changed several times during this class, all of them gave me different experience and choices to explore.
My task for future would be try to explore the lightness in my body more and how to keep it?
No comments:
Post a Comment