Wednesday, 14 November 2012

Improvisation class with K.Coe
Breath. Contact improvisation.


This session contains concentrating on the breath, being comfortable, starting from moving in the rhythm of your own breath. Then we improvised in pairs using the same idea. The interesting thing happened when we were asked to move towards other pair for group contact improvisation, but as we worked with our eyes closed, we suddenly ended up in a group of 6 rather than 4. Impressive, how even if few people are leaning on you or just giving lots of weight, it doesn't feel difficult to move, heaviness somehow doesn't exist!

Fact I didn't know - Laying on the front gives different release for the nerve system!
I find it really interesting, because I usually sleep laying on the front, so I presume it is something to do with my nerve system, it is maybe the release that my body requires in order to balance my nerve system.

No comments:

Post a Comment