Saturday, 10 March 2012

Disorientation

Theatre warp up
Katye Coe
5th March 2012

Disorientation

I was watching this session, so I noticed some interesting things. We started from curving and uncurving spine reaching forwards, which I evaluated as a really good warm up and practice for people who don't do much physical activity practice.
Thinking about disorientation, we started to play reminding childhood - doing everything or whatever to get disorientated - spinning, turning round and round, swinging, spiraling, going up-side-down in all possible ways. In my opinion, all this disorientation practice was on a kind of purpose so participants could find up-side-down position - standing on hands, because last time most of people were a bit frightened about that and didn't do that. So this time, doing a phrase in order to get disorientated before the final - up-side-down movement, most of participants did that, or at least tried. So it means this disorientation practice really worked!





     

Personal notice - I think, that physical practice for theatre students is really important. Probably they just need a little bit more time and instructions or ideas for improvising given. I noticed them a bit struggling going thru levels, which could also be improved. A little bit more technical instructions is also needed, I think.



What movements can be used, what kind of movements can be used to get disorientated?

No comments:

Post a Comment