Sunday, 4 March 2012

HANDS & FEET

I took this picture, because during the class with Katye, when we explored our hands and feet, I found this shape, which is interesting for me, how perfectly hand shape can match and adapt to foot crook. I find it really beautiful, and I think it is a proof of how flexible these parts of body can be. It reminds me a puzzle.

During that anathomy class with Katye Coe we massaged our feet, warmed up articulating and rotating it, including ankles; we looked for shapes,  noticed the arch, temperature (I felt that the more I move it, the warmer it becomes), tiny bones - more bones on the top and bigger at the bottom (heel) .

Later on, moving on fours - feet and hands (like an animals) we played with a weight in moving. I found it quite hard at the beginning, because my body wasn't warm enough, especially knees and elbows, so I felt very tired so quickly and that cause pain in my lower body muscles, which I didn't like. However, when I accelerated and warmed up, I became more able to articulate my body parts in moving, able to find different shapes, move in a better quality.

Then we explored 20 different levels from laying to standing- upwards and downwards. It was kind of mission for me. It was interesting to watch others moving, notice their concentration and that they keep forgetting all the body parts' articulation possibilities, not only focusing on feet and levels.
It was quite challenging for me to grow, especially in lower levels, avoiding kind of waves , ~ this kind of thing was happening when I was trying to change levels straight towards the next level, without coming back to the one I was before. I also noticed that in the level (somewhere in the middle), where is no support of hands on the floor anymore, I make the biggest jump between levels, because my body needs to settle having only feet support. Thanks Fiona for responses and help for me to notice! :)


Other notices -
- Concentration on whole body shifting and moving on purpose;
- Care about the skull, axial and appendage skeleton;
- Tense in the legs by holding muscles;
- Articulation.

No comments:

Post a Comment