Saturday, 10 March 2012

Joints
Self-directed studying no. 1

We were given some tasks and instructions for individual or small group work. The first one was related to joints. Doing this exercise, I noticed some interesting things about my body. Mainly, I noticed the relations in the body. I didn't notice it before that much, how dependent from each other my body parts are, that even the positioning of the spine affects all other body parts.
As me , Emma and Emmie explored relation between periphery and the spine laying on the floor, it was so easy to feel dependency between one joint to another - for example, noticing how moving ankles in different directions body automatically include knee and, dependent on movement width, hip. The same happens in whole body- the more you move, the more extended your movements are, the more joints and body as a whole gets involved.  My other notice was that rotating your arm is so much effortless than your leg. Also, you can move your hips without much movements in your ankles or knees, but you can't move your ankle not involving knee and hip. In laying position it was easier to notice all this in relation to your spine. When I did the exercise again in standing position as it requires, I was trying to keep my spine long and concentrated more on relationships and dependence between body parts in whole body. Standing I explored the articulation most, having different feeling in my body than usual. It was really good experience to know my body more and for my moving quality.
And it was really useful for me as I am exploring and working on my feet articulation.

Line and dependence between hip, knee and ankle.
Arthrometric  model - zones of joints that I explored.

Another notice was that dependent on joints, human can move the legs so differently forward and backwards than side ways. This picture shows that:

No comments:

Post a Comment