Thursday, 8 March 2012

Skin Release Technique                    
Polly Hudson class
8th March 2012


At the beginning of the class we focused on our feet and hand, on it's articulation, softness. I found myself quite active on moving it, looking for different shapes and quality of movements. It got warmed up quite quickly, just ankles took a little longer to warm up. Then we had a quick game which I found really fun and amazing to test how articulated your feet is - we sent a sock without touching the floor. I noticed that I still need to work with articulation and softness of my own feet, but I noticed myself quite balanced standing on one foot. I liked adding flips.
we continued moving our feet and hands in a duet, and this particular focus let me find different ways of moving exceptional parts of the body, which might be useful for my choreography skills in the future.

The work in pairs related to hips' and lower body releasing was really fun and it really worked. The most weird thing about that was when Lottie hold my legs in her chest and lifted them a bit, took a weight of my pelvic. It was so strange but at the same time nice, releasing,and comfortable somehow. We had an individual moving around after that, when I explored the most effortless movements of lower body . Adding torso suspension when someone hold it from behind, made a sense that it is possible to keep your lower body so released and light even using it a lot and using as a support. Even being very active.



Working in pairs concentrating on skull suspension and skull leading, made me a bit disorientated (because of other person's touch), but showed me that it can be much lighter than I thought, much more floating. In the past I already noticed the soft tissues at the back of the skull, but didn't think that releasing it can be that effective.


Anterior fontanel - soft tissues place used to release the skull.



My question is : How to keep this lightness for longer? 


No comments:

Post a Comment