Tuesday, 13 March 2012

I saw Oana's Rotariu IPP2 work in ICE building few days ago.It was a nice work about relation between materials around us and the human being. It was interesting to watch her moving and exploring. When I saw her imitating pregnancy using material, I was a little bit shocked, because it felt like she shouldn't do that, considering that she was improvising, and that "pregnancy moment" seemed a bit rude, as it supposed to be really meaningful and deliberated (even my thoughts have nothing about judgment). However, after discussion with her I've changed my mind, because she explained her work for me more. I liked how she choose the space, the decorations and light as well, because that little light made some deeper sense and she looked beautiful. I really enjoyed.
That bit with pregnancy reminded me my own work about circles, so when she gave the task to do for all of us, I decided to do it in my way, because I think it's more useful for me (especially when time limits press me these days) and I did similar tasks in my IPP1 sessions.



We were supposed to go few days to different places, choose there an object, explore ways of forming and transforming it within it's setting, etc. To be honest, I didn't actually fulfill the task, but I did it a bit differently. Walking in different places, or being in different places, I've noticed some objects, related to my own IPP1 work - circles and had some thoughts about it. For example, one of these objects was a moon.
This object straight away made me to think about other sky objects, like other planets or stars. As soon as thoughts about stars came into my head, I started to think about relation between sky objects (which are circular shape what cause my attention) and people. It is believed, that stars can tell so much about us, our character, or even that we are all born under some star. It was just a random thoughts about relation between and influence to personality.



Another object was a wheel of the car- which make for me sense of continuous wholeness, sense of keeping going continuously. And even civilization winning in relation to this particular action.







Then I noticed ring road as well.  It just gave me the image, that circle involves separate things into one relation and then anybody can leave it and come back into it again, come back into same relation. I could compare it to some other circles, like... life itself - people or animals or whatever born - get involved into the same life circle, and the die - pass or leave the circle. i think we can find even more similiarities as well.





The next circle I noticed is clock. We can not transform it at any chance actually, we can not change the direction it goes on and another interesting thing about it was that it goes around the score, nowhere else. It reminded me some sentence I heard several times in classes, like we all are the center of our lifes, everything else goes around us. It also shows time, which itself has a lot of meanings and relations to circles.



This picture shows more circular shapes in nature. A lot of plant has circular shapes.


In addition, I took a picture of apple, which also has some relations to Bible, and some sacral story behind. It adds and make an image of some of my findings, that circular shape/form is explored since thousand years ago; and some divine meanings as well. This is kind of deep i think, and a lot of to think about. By the way, this is a thing, which is possible to transform, but then it gets even more and different meanings, similarities and things to think about.

Rainbow ! it has half-circular shape and includes whole color spectrum! Whole spectrum that we can ever see and find! It inspires me as well, because sometimes when I look at it, I think about that we can see only half of circle, then I imagine, that somebody else being on the other side of Earth can see the rest half of it :) I also like the fact, that it somehow connects earth, water and air, earth and sky to become visible. It is so beautiful! 


I took this picture, in order to show my findings and notices about how circular shape can prominence anything - as soon as something is in circular shape, it catches the eye and become important.



All this work give me ideas for my IPP1 work! 






No comments:

Post a Comment