The traces left behind; Fiona Jackson's work
I saw Fiona's Jackson Work about traces in Lanchester Gallery. I really enjoyed watching her work, especially when I am interested in feet and hand, and she mostly used them imprinting. I also liked the shadows and merges - it made a piece really beautiful and it signed the movement. It also made a sense, significance (whice probably wasn't meant to come) of disappearing, which is so real. However, I expected more printing, or ways to find printing in moving, because sometimes she seemed exploring more shapes and forms, edges possibilities rather than prints.
I recognised that it was not a result of her research, that she is still exploring. After a discussion to her I saw how excited and how interested about the traces Fiona is, which is really important. She invited me to notice the traces that I (might) leave behind myself. This question made me think so widely about the traces figuratively (it is probably a bit related to my own work about circles) - the traces that we leave in other people's life, the meaning of what we have done or what we do. But trying to stop myself from going too deep into this kind of thoughts, I am going to start noticing other prints. As Fiona suggested, I noticed that I can really feel traces of energy in the body after most of classes, and I always try to keep it as longer as possible. This kind of thought allow us to know ourselves better, really interesting findings, that builds as as better artists, dancers. However, I think it is long-term exploration.
Her next question was about impression of colors. I notice, that sometimes I use colors as an image of my feelings or mood (some of them is probably related to stereotypes). I also notice, that last couple of years I like and prefer colors which is called as "earth colors" - green, hazel, brown, sand, creme color. It is not flashy colors. Unfortunately, I do not recognise or understand why it is like that. Maybe I like naturalism, and these colors are familiar to it for me.
Does anyone have any thoughts about that?
However, I think that colors are important, especially in art world, because every color can be significant and meaningful, or probably invite audience to get the wrong sense of artist's work.
My own further question - what impression colors make for the others? What other kind of traces can be noticed?
No comments:
Post a Comment