Saturday, 10 March 2012

Ribs
Self-directed studies no.2

Doing these exercises I was exploring my ribcage and functions of it. I noticed that it is easier to feel your bone shape when someone else touches rather than doing it myself. I found quite difficult to find the gaps between each rib. It was really useful for knowledge of my body. New thing for me was finding that diagonal shape of the rib in my back. This picture shows our ribs and shape of it that I found.





My other notice was laying on the floor - however we would lay, our body (including ribs) adapts easily so we can get as comfortable shape as possible. Skeleton and muscles automatically do that, and if it's not possible, they give signals for us to change it. This notice allows me to trust in my body, which is needful for me as a dancer.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Greta...
    Have you ever thought about maybe moving with your ribs as the leading body part??
    Its very unsual and rather difficult but its a really useful thing to do when working with the awareness of the ribs.
    Tara xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really good idea! I've tried a little,but didn't work properly on it :) I will definitely work with it:) thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete